2012年1月1日 星期日

Group Presentation's Review Paper

   The topic we discussed is "Description". And we divided the resources into three parts. I am responsible for the vivid descriptions and the problems of description. After I read the resources a few times. I found that there are many skills to improve our writting. First, we can use five senses to discribe a place. We can not only write down what we see but also what we hear, what we smell, even how the stuff in the place touch and taste. This way, we creat an image in the readers mind. And if we offer more information in our writting, the more vivid the imagine will be. Second, using figurative language in the writing. I think this is very important. Because when I read an article which use simile or personification in Chinese, I will be appealed to it. It can also apply to English writing as well Sometimes the direct discription in writting bores the readers. On the contrary, using some figurative language will make it interesting.
   And in the process of reading the resources, I find that I also make the mistakes just likes it mentions. "Remember your audience" is very important in the description. We are familiar with our issue so we think that others might be familiar with as well. In fact, we should explain the terms we use that might confuse our readers. For example, I mentioned the policy about red-light districts in my paper. Not every know the details about that. So I should explain it clearly at first.
  When it comes to description, we might think that we write since we were children. everyone knows how to write. However, how to make our writting precise and attractive is another thing. So, I think the chance of presentation this time helps me a lot.
 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言