2011年12月30日 星期五

Reflection 2

  After the second meeting with teacher, I think something deeper about my paper. Actually, establishing a red-light district is a complicated issue. Because what it involves not only the sex workers or people who need sex. It is also related to the economical problem. In some places, people refuse to establish red-light district because that they afraid it would cause the drop of the value of the houses locally. I think this consequence results from the negative conception about sexual industry. This is a kind of thinking to "stigmatize" sex workers. People feel uncomfortable about sex workers, and doesn't want to have any relationship with them. This enables me to rethink the importance of education about sex, about sex workers again. The government should put emphasis on this part since a person was young indeed. Looking back on the process of my studying, I didn't think sex can become a normal job as others until I go to the university. I was told that having sexual relationship with someone in order to earn money is not a good thing, is a shameful job. And the traditional conception tells us that using sex as a job would ruin the morality and violate the social value. But I was not aware that why sex is shameful? It seems that sex can only be a private issue, it can not be discussed in public. I believe that if my teacher discusses sex naturally and talks about sex workers without any embarrassment since I was a child, I would not suspect that sex can become a job that some people choose to take, and it could be respected as well.
   It is hard for sex workers be accepted by everyone in society nowadyas. Otherwise we would not see that when sex workers  go to street for their working rights, some people would say that they are shameless! Leading the impression of sexworkers positivelt is hard now. Because this is the value that most people believe in the society. If we want to change, the only we can do is educate the next generation the new conception about sex wrokers.  

沒有留言:

張貼留言